[MPlayer-users] [Mplayer-users]Cannot move forward / jump in stream.dump

Sumeet sumeetsk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 17:01:07 CET 2013

Thanks Carl.

I won't be able to upload a sample, since the size of the stream.dump file
is >300MB. But I'll provide all details so that anybody can repeat what I
did.

I wanted to download the video at the following url:
http://techtalks.tv/talks/tutorial-introduction-to-bandits-algorithms-and-theory/54451/

I did a view-source on the page and found the following rtmp url: rtmp://
webcast.weyond.com/vod/edited/801_0001.flv

The command I used to download the stream is 'rtmp -dumpstream rtmp://
webcast.weyond.com/vod/edited/801_0001.flv' (without the quotes). This
created a stream.dump file. I'm unable to move forward or jump when I try
to play this stream.dump file in vlc or mplayer.

Hope this helps.
Sumeet.