[MPlayer-users] Generate image file output with mencoder

James Board jpboard2 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 4 19:27:22 CEST 2013

>> The reason I'm not using mplayer is because it doesn't do IRTC.

>Why would you think that, of course it does?! I could imagine some issues
>since there is no -ofps option, but I don't know, it might just work.

Actually, I only assumed that mplayer doesn't do IVTC.  I didn't check.
I assumed mplayer was for displaying videos, while mencoder was for
encoding or processing videos.

BTW, if mencoder is no longer supported, doesn't that mean mplayer is no longer
supported?  Since they share a man page, I also assumed they were basically the
same project.

>> The command you listed doesn't do IRTC.  Can that command
>> be modified so it does IRTC (filmdint)?
>
>It wasn't meant to be a full command, you just need to add these to
>your command (at the end for example).

Okay, good.  I will try this.  Thank you.