[MPlayer-users] My cropping question revisited.

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Sep 26 16:07:46 CEST 2013

On Thursday 26 September 2013 09:56:58 houghi did opine:

> On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 05:52:52PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > 1, mplayer idents the camera ok, but cannot connect.
> >
> > Its identified in the log as input: HD Pro Webcam C920 as
> > /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.7/usb1/1-6/1-6:1.0/input/input10
> > And seems to claim its a 2304 by 2xxx pixel device.
>
> How do you connect and why? What I do is take out the MicroSD card and
> just copy that and work from there. For me much easier then using the
> camera itself. (see e.g. http://vimeo.com/75423306 what the result is)
>
> So what do you do to get to the camera from mplayer? I will try to do
> the same, see what happens and report back.
>
> houghi

The camera is usb and will normally be plugged into one of the 2 front usb
ports on an atom based board/box, a D525MW design straight from Ark Tech.

Currently the board of choice for folks running linuxcnc as its latency
figures only exceed 3 microseconds or so maybe 2x a day.  Very important
when driving steppers motors by direct step/dir signals from software.
I will, when I can get there again, redo what I did and make notes, or
perhaps even log into a freenode IRC link, if I knew what its name was.

But that may take a few days as I am currently on crutches, having torn a
minor ligament in a knee Tuesday. Not exactly my greatest idea ever for
fun. :(

Thanks Houghi.