[MPlayer-users] Inverse Telecine and JPEG Extraction

James Board jpboard2 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 29 23:27:26 CEST 2013

>That would be whereever muxer_write_chunk is called, though that makes

>little sense since your description is missing the step where the
>video is encoded.

My full mencoder command is something like
    mencoder IN.avi -nosound -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=ffvhuff -vf filmdint -ofps 24000/1001 -o OUT.avi
If I look in the source code for muxer_write_chunk(), can I get at the
raw image data that will be written to the output file?  I need some point in
the source code that is after the filmdint filter is called, and also after the
frame rate is reduced to 24000/1001.

Also, my input file has pixel format uyvy422.  But the output file for the
above mencoder command somehow gets reduced to yuv420p.  That loses
pixel accuracy.  Is there any way to prevent mencoder from changing
the pixel format from 422 to 420?

>than more effort than getting things to work with pipes or
>even change FFmpeg code to do exactly what you want...

I didn't understand your remark about pipes, yuv4mpeg, or tee.  It sounds like you
are saying to write an output file with mencoder, then pipe that output file
via unix pipes and the 'tee' command to another program that converts the
video to images.  Is that it?  Or am I missing something?

>xv seems unlikely to be a good choice for a relatively new format like PNG
>anyway, but the main problem is with -lavcopts vcodec=ffvhuff which means you

Don't worry about that aspect.  It's moot.  If I can't create the image files for each
frame at the same time they are being muxed into the output file, then it doesn't
matter.