[MPlayer-users] Inverse Telecine and JPEG Extraction

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Sep 29 20:05:05 CEST 2013

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 10:06:09AM -0700, James Board wrote:
> >Mencoder can't output to more than one file at once.
>
> >If you want that you have to build that yourself, e.g. with vo yuv4mpeg,
> >pipes and "tee".
>
> How about if I modified the source code for myself?  To do this, I'd
> need to find the place in the source code right before mencoder sends the
> raw video data to the muxer that creates the output file.  Then I can insert
> a call to a WriteJPEG subroutine.  Do you know where in the source code
> that is?

That would be whereever muxer_write_chunk is called, though that makes
little sense since your description is missing the step where the
video is encoded.
Feel free to try but I can't imagine that this will me anything other
than more effort than getting things to work with pipes or
even change FFmpeg code to do exactly what you want...

> >Also "don't seem to be displayable images" isn't very useful information.
> >It works for me.
>
> Sorry.  I try to display the image with 'xv', and it won't display.  Instead it displays
> a text window with teh characters in the image file.

xv seems unlikely to be a good choice for a relatively new format like PNG
anyway, but the main problem is with -lavcopts vcodec=ffvhuff which means you
didn't write PNG files but "raw" ffvhuff encoded data which hardly
any tool will be able to decode.