[MPlayer-users] Cannot record audio from tv tuner.

Marc MERLIN marc_mplayer at merlins.org
Tue Aug 12 22:43:25 CEST 2014

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 09:36:46PM +0100, Andy Furniss wrote:
> There should be no visible difference - I just suggested yuy2 in case it
> was the uyvy that was causing the problem - re-reading I see you said
> that worked anyway.
>
> The v4l-info shows that the device only does 422 variants, so if you do
> get it working and want to convert to something that needs 420 like dvd
> and the content is interlaced and you want to retain it interlaced you
> will need to be careful to specify that it is interlaced to mencoder or
> ffmpeg, with ffmpeg this means you can't use -target pal-dvd.

Thanks for that.

I've also been working with this very useful page:
http://easycap.blogspot.com/p/command-line-tv.html

But can't get sound out of tvtime, and the mencoder options there are the
same ones I'm already using and that cause my driver to crash while xawtv
can somehow talk to it and get sound.

Perplexed...

Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....