[MPlayer-users] ALSA device mangling rules?

Christian Jaeger chrjae at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 16:33:43 CET 2014

> From 'man player'

You're telling me things I said myself in my first message.

> and that's what you code is doing.

Nope. The code that I linked has the substitutions which I mentioned
to have tried before writing my first post prefixed with '#', which in
Perl means "comment". The parser comes after that, and does not emit
any '.'. It *does* take advantage of the fact that putting 'default'
or whatever in place of 'hw' and putting the card name from after
CARD= as <card> *does* currently work. But it is not documented that
'hw' is not a constant string, nor that <card> can be something other
than a number or where it comes from. From the man page I don't see
much reason to believe that my approach would continue to work in the
future.

Ch.