[MPlayer-users] How to start playing files why they are still being recorded? How to stream?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Mar 5 11:08:04 CET 2014

wm4 <nfxjfg <at> googlemail.com> writes:

> On Wed, 5 Mar 2014 09:13:51 +0000 (UTC)
> Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos <at> ag.or.at> wrote:
>
> > the failed attempt to steal FFmpeg) on purpose. To the
> > best of my knowledge, it is true that compilation of
> > MPlayer with avconv is broken on purpose, but this was
> > not done in MPlayer but in avconv which regularly breaks
> > API / ABI (and be it just to break MPlayer compilation).
>
> Sorry, but I very much doubt that they broke the libavcodec
> etc. APIs specifically to break mplayer compilation.

I can hardly contradict this, but you do agree that avconv
happily breaks installed headers from time to time and one
(or more) of these breaks did break MPlayer compilation, or
do you think I misremember?

> It's more like mplayer can't be built properly even with
> ffmpeg releases

Really, it doesn't build with 2.2?
That surprises me, consider opening a bug report, I suspect
this will be welcome.

Carl Eugen