[MPlayer-users] vaapi support in mplayer.

Christian Dysthe cdysthe at gmail.com
Tue May 13 19:07:22 CEST 2014

On Tue, 2014-05-13 at 10:30 -0500, Lu, Ran wrote:
> > It kind of does via libva-gl which translates VDPAU to vaapi.
> >

> I tried libvdpau-va-gl, and for some reason it actually uses much
> higher gpu
> than the vaapi patch mplayer. I guess it is the overhead from
> rendering
> everything through opengl. When playing hi-res movies it kind of
> defeating the
> purpose to use va-gl since xv uses pretty much the same power. while
> mplayer-
> vaapi (or vdpau with a nvidia card) can really reduce the the power
> consumption by half or more.

I tried mplayer-vaapi on my Ubuntu 14.04 i7/Intel 4000 graphics laptop,
but the playback was jerky across the board regardless of output and
video format. mplayer packaged for Ubuntu works great, so something is
wrong with the current mplayer-vaapi build for 14.04.

--
//Christian
Dropbox. Your files from anywhere: http://db.tt/U8MqkVR