[MPlayer-users] Audio click when speed changed

Chris Crochet chris at weldtest.com
Tue May 20 04:43:12 CEST 2014

On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 11:50 AM, Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de>
wrote:
> So instead I added a (not too bad) hack to scaletempo.
> I am fairly confident that the issue should be gone now as long as you
> use -af scaletempo.
> Though I admit I only tested it with the only sample where I managed to
> really notice the issue, and that was a trivial 1kHz sine.
> But that one definitely came out 100% smooth through all speed changes.
> That change is in r37204.

I tried r37205 today, and found it eliminates almost all clicks.

The remainder seem to occur when speed crosses from >1.0 to <1.0, or vica
versa.  Which occurs with some regularity, because my sychronization
algorithm on the clients hunts around a bit for the optimal speed, due to
jitter in the timebases.  But I can still avoid the clicks by setting the
master to play at speed 1.02, so that once in sync, jitter never causes the
client speed to go below 1.0.

So it's good enough, and I am happy.  Thank you Reimar!