[MPlayer-users] Issues with -vc ff*vdpau and -vc ff*vdpauold

Ilja Sekler ilja_sekler_ at gmx.de
Wed Nov 5 16:44:30 CET 2014

Am 01.11.2014 um 22:24 schrieb Ilja Sekler:

> Thank you, confirming the crash as well as playback issues with
> ff*vdpau and ff*vdpauold fixed with MPlayer r37316 built atop of the
> FFmpeg patched with
>
> http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2014-November/164805.html
>
> and the other patch
>
> http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2014-November/164804.html
>
> already incorporated (ffvc1vdpau{,old} and ffmpeg12vdpau{,old}
> tested as well and found working).

I have missed a small, probably related issue: wenn *not* using
ff*vdpau{,old} but an internal decoder instead, a warning

"Unexpected decoder output format H.264 VDPAU acceleration"

is shown twice for h264 videos,

"Unexpected decoder output format MPEG-4 Part 2 VDPAU acceleration"

once for divx/xvid as well as

"Unexpected decoder output format MPEG2 VDPAU acceleration"

for mpeg2 videos. Wenn playing wmv,

"Unexpected decoder output format WMV3 VDPAU acceleration"

is printed three times to the console. All the videos I tested so far
play fine though.

Thanks,

--
Regards