[MPlayer-users] Streams intermittently play or don't?

Jim Cross jimgcross at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 14:47:01 CEST 2014

Thanks for the quick response Reimar.
I did apt-get build-dep mplayer prior to build the first time but not the
second time. Would I need to apt-get build-dep mplayer each time a 'make'
is used?
I only use '-nocache' as a general way to see if a stream will play('Start
playing...') to record the URL and build a 'playlist'. When I play the URL
from the 'playlist' and there are issues I reset using either -cache 320 -
cache-min 4 (or 15 depending on bit rate) as most streams play with
stability. Maybe need to rethink the -nocache option but as there are only
a small amount that are problematic, I may just think some more... :)