[MPlayer-users] MPlayer – changing ‘ao=’ codec order in mplayer.conf does not appear to work for per user config?

Jim Cross jimgcross at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 23:07:52 CEST 2014

OK. Reimar, thanks again for your comments. I've played around with
lighttpd conf and finally managed to work out how to get env var to pass
through and yes, indeed setting MPLAYER_HOME appears to work for my case.
Just for completeness,I  added the following two lines to lighttpd.conf:
"mod_setenv",
setenv.add-environment = ("MPLAYER_HOME" => "/var/www")
Now my dilemma is either modify lighttpd config file as above in order to
pass the HOME var MPlayer requires or just append 'env HOME...' to run
mplayer.