[MPlayer-users] MPlayer shows artifacts on Microsoft Surface Pro 3

Harshal Patel hpatel at signalogic.com
Sat Apr 11 02:19:15 CEST 2015

Hi,

I am using Microsoft Surface Pro 3 on which, I have installed Ubuntu
14.04 on it. I am streaming H264 encoded video to the Surface and I am
using MPlayer to play the stream.
But MPlayer installed on Surface Ubuntu is not able to play H264 video
stream smoothly, and I see meesages such as:

   #RTP: 5 packets missed
   #RTP: 19 packets missed
   #left block unavailable for requested intra mode at 0 24
   #error while decoding MB 0 24 28, bytestream (3758)

But on a regular Linux machine, I am able to play the stream using
MPlayer smoothly.

What can be the issue with Surface Mplayer? and how can I solve that
problem?

Thank you,
Harshal Patel
HPC Systems Engineer
Signalogic Inc.

** For screen cap of both artifacts an MPlayer log output messages, look
here:

http://postimg.org/image/927s7k3zp/
http://postimg.org/image/65kr79y5x/full/