[MPlayer-users] MPlayer shows artifacts on Microsoft Surface Pro 3

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Apr 14 08:57:46 CEST 2015

On 11.04.2015, at 02:19, Harshal Patel <hpatel at signalogic.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using Microsoft Surface Pro 3 on which, I have installed Ubuntu 14.04 on it. I am streaming H264 encoded video to the Surface and I am using MPlayer to play the stream.
> But MPlayer installed on Surface Ubuntu is not able to play H264 video stream smoothly, and I see meesages such as:
>
>  #RTP: 5 packets missed
>  #RTP: 19 packets missed
>  #left block unavailable for requested intra mode at 0 24
>  #error while decoding MB 0 24 28, bytestream (3758)
>
> But on a regular Linux machine, I am able to play the stream using MPlayer smoothly.
>
> What can be the issue with Surface Mplayer? and how can I solve that problem?

The messages indicate the network packets get lost.
So I suspect it's related to anything from the network connection itself to the drivers or power saving settings of the network interface.
However I believe you are using the RTP implementation from FFmpeg?
Might be worth trying if the issue also exists with ffmpeg/ffplay, since then you can ask them, they should know the code better than me.