[MPlayer-users] Strange pixelation behavior with vdpau

Colin Faber cfaber at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 21:11:41 CEST 2015

Hi Folks,

I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction.
Recently I upgraded my HTPC system to a slightly faster CPU, more memory,
and the same nvidia gtx 560 video card I had before.

Frequently, watching various videos I end up with heavily pixelated scenes,
these last for a second or two then the video snaps back to perfectly clean
and clear again.

These problems seem to be in persistent spots within the videos in
question, and I can pause the bad spots.

Playing the same video with VLC and vdpau acceleration, I don't experience
any of these problems, so I'm pretty sure it's something up with the
decoder.

I'm running MPlayer2 2.0-728-g2c378c7-2ubuntu3.  I'm willing to try
anything to resolve this as I prefer to run mplayer (via smplayer) over VLC
for very lovely features (bookmarks for instance =).

Anyways, any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

-cf