[MPlayer-users] Help with configure error

Chris cpollock at embarqmail.com
Mon Jan 5 03:59:39 CET 2015

I'm attempting to compile mplayer withe gui from source due to the fact
that the version installed from Ubuntu sources crashes before it even
starts. At the end of the configure run I get:

Error: The GUI requires X11.

I've installed the libx11-dev files and from what I see in the
config.log they are seen. I've put the complete log on pastebin here:

http://pastebin.com/gsR7TbpS

I'd appreciate if anyone could give me some advice even if it's a knock
on the head.

System is Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS Gnome 3.12.2 I'd be happy to supply any
more info. Here is the package I'm trying to install from and the
command line I used to install is ./configure --enable-gui --enable-jpeg
--enable-png

Chris

--
Chris