[MPlayer-users] Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so

Emanuel Berg embe8573 at student.uu.se
Tue Jul 21 01:10:01 CEST 2015

Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> writes:

> If you seriously hope for help on mailing-lists, you
> have to be precise. There was two questions

If you mean "What if you try glxgears instead of
MPlayer?" the answer is I don't know what would happen
then, and I don't know how to try either.

> in my email, you only replied to one, and badly at
> that (the question had "exactly" in it).

Here is the output to stderr. $@ are the media files
because I have a shell wrapper, but otherwise the
commands are isolated and could have been invoked as:

$ mplayer1 -nojoystick -nolirc -loop 0 -fs $@ > /dev/null
open: No such file or directory
[MGA] Couldn't open: /dev/mga_vid
open: No such file or directory
[MGA] Couldn't open: /dev/mga_vid
[VO_TDFXFB] This driver only supports the 3Dfx Banshee, Voodoo3 and Voodoo 5.
s3fb: Couldn't map S3 registers: Operation not permitted
Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[vdpau] Error when calling vdp_device_create_x11: 1

$ mplayer1 -vo gl -nojoystick -nolirc -loop 0 -fs $@ > /dev/null
(no output, but crashes on tty/X switch)

$ VDPAU_DRIVER=va_gl mplayer1 -nojoystick -nolirc -loop 0 -fs $@ > /dev/null
open: No such file or directory
[MGA] Couldn't open: /dev/mga_vid
open: No such file or directory
[MGA] Couldn't open: /dev/mga_vid
[VO_TDFXFB] This driver only supports the 3Dfx Banshee, Voodoo3 and Voodoo 5.
s3fb: Couldn't map S3 registers: Operation not permitted
libva info: VA-API version 0.36.0
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i965_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_36
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
(also, this crashes like the '-vo gl' solution)

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573