[MPlayer-users] Bug: H.265/HEVC multi-threaded playback broken

Peter White peter.white at posteo.net
Mon Mar 2 17:05:46 CET 2015

Am 02.03.2015 um 08:44 schrieb Reimar Döffinger:
 > On 26.02.2015, at 17:16, Peter White <peter.white at posteo.net> wrote:
 >> Hi,
 >>
 >> whenever I try to playback a H.265/HEVC video with more than 1
 >> thread,
 >> I get no video output, sound is fine. The following error message
 >> keeps getting repeated:
 >>
 >> get_format() cannot be called after ff_thread_finish_setup()
 >> [...]
 >
 > I sent a patch to FFmpeg, but I got only one reply.
 > It's a bit unclear what is the best way to fix it.

Found it. :) Thank you! Here I was thinking, my message might have
been ignored or overlooked, but judging by the timestamp on the ffmpeg
list you were rather quick. I highly appreciate that.
It works with HEVC content and threads>=2 now, but it seems to break
at least H.264/AVC with threads>=1. I'll attach the output of two runs
with 1 and 2 threads respectively. I haven´t checked with other
codecs.

BTW, should I continue replying here? I figured the ffmpeg-devel list
would be no place for me as a non-developer.