[MPlayer-users] Bug: H.265/HEVC multi-threaded playback broken

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Mar 2 20:50:59 CET 2015

On Mon, Mar 02, 2015 at 05:05:46PM +0100, Peter White wrote:
> Am 02.03.2015 um 08:44 schrieb Reimar Döffinger:
> > On 26.02.2015, at 17:16, Peter White <peter.white at posteo.net> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> whenever I try to playback a H.265/HEVC video with more than 1
> >> thread,
> >> I get no video output, sound is fine. The following error message
> >> keeps getting repeated:
> >>
> >> get_format() cannot be called after ff_thread_finish_setup()
> >> [...]
> >
> > I sent a patch to FFmpeg, but I got only one reply.
> > It's a bit unclear what is the best way to fix it.
>
> Found it. :) Thank you! Here I was thinking, my message might have
> been ignored or overlooked, but judging by the timestamp on the ffmpeg
> list you were rather quick. I highly appreciate that.
> It works with HEVC content and threads>=2 now, but it seems to break
> at least H.264/AVC with threads>=1. I'll attach the output of two runs
> with 1 and 2 threads respectively. I haven´t checked with other
> codecs.

Yes, that is the bug that was pointed out in the review.
I just sent the updated patch, I was just kind of waiting
for other comments.
Tell me if it still causes issues for you, I haven't had
time to properly test either version.

> BTW, should I continue replying here? I figured the ffmpeg-devel list
> would be no place for me as a non-developer.

Whatever you prefer. However since you (have to) use MPlayer
to test it I'd say here is better.