[MPlayer-users] Pause and UDP slave mode

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Feb 9 00:02:36 CET 2016

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 03:19:23PM +0100, Edit B wrote:
> But worse, if I pause the clip (either stop the UDP sending or keep sending
> the same time), Mplayer pauses the video but keeps playing a bit of sound.
> (some 300 Msecs) in a loop.
> That gets kinda annoying.
> Is there a way of preventing this?

Sounds like buggy audio output module or even audio driver, at least
the better ones should stop after an underrun.
Otherwise I guess if you want pause support you'd probably have to add
that.
Because currently the slave will just continue to play after 30 seconds.

> Also, when Mplayer is paused like this, it is not responsive anymore, moving
> / scaling the window is no longer possible.

Yes, it is stopped in the timing function, it can't even
redraw the window in that case.

> Are there more commands I can send besides time and  "bye" ?

Not yet.