[MPlayer-users] Playback resumes when switching to/from fullscreen

nvx nvx2004 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 18 10:32:25 CEST 2016

2016/07/18 09:38, Peter White <peter.white at posteo.net>:

> > It is strange but when I try to run "mplayer -pausing 2 FILE" then
> > the player complains:
> >
> >    Unknown option on the command line: -pausing
> >    Error parsing option on the command line: -pausing
>
> It seem your version is too old.

Okay, then I will have to compile it myself or upgrade to 16.04 LTS.
Good to know.

> > The man page suggests that more information can be found in docs
> > relevant to the slave mode so I also tried to enable it (via
> > "-slave") albeit with no luck.
>
> Now, that's funny. Even though the player does not support the option
> it is documented in the man page? FWIW, "-slave" is no precondition
> for "-pausing".

See for yourself: http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/man/en/mplayer.1.txt
The respective portion reads:

    -pausing <0-3> (MPlayer only)
        Specifies  the  default  pausing  behaviour  of
        commands,  i.e. whether  MPlayer will continue playback or
        stay paused after the command has finished.  See
        DOCS/tech/slave.txt for further details.
    [...]