[MPlayer-users] Playback resumes when switching to/from fullscreen

Erik Auerswald auerswal at unix-ag.uni-kl.de
Mon Jul 18 12:56:47 CEST 2016

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 10:32:25AM +0200, nvx wrote:
> 2016/07/18 09:38, Peter White <peter.white at posteo.net>:
>
> > > It is strange but when I try to run "mplayer -pausing 2 FILE" then
> > > the player complains:
> > >
> > >    Unknown option on the command line: -pausing
> > >    Error parsing option on the command line: -pausing
> >
> > It seem your version is too old.
>
> Okay, then I will have to compile it myself or upgrade to 16.04 LTS.
> Good to know.
>
> > > The man page suggests that more information can be found in docs
> > > relevant to the slave mode so I also tried to enable it (via
> > > "-slave") albeit with no luck.
> >
> > Now, that's funny. Even though the player does not support the option
> > it is documented in the man page? FWIW, "-slave" is no precondition
> > for "-pausing".
>
> See for yourself: http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/man/en/mplayer.1.txt

That is a current man page, documenting the current code. You are using an
older MPlayer version, presumably via distribution. The man page installed
on your system should not mention this option.

The MPlayer version available in Ubuntu 14.04 does not support the -pausing
option, and the installed man page does not know about this option either.

Best regards,
Erik
--
Always use the right tool for the job.