[MPlayer-users] Crosshair target over video

John Pateman jpateman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 16:14:57 CEST 2016

I am wanting to use a webcam to determine and adjust a CNC milling machine
position and to use it to guide the position the cutter over edges/holes
etc.
The camera is in the machine cutting head. I need the video feed displayed
with
a crosshair pattern in the dead centre.

I have managed to get the video feed displayed and a sort of crosshair
fudged
with the following instruction. This is in ‘linuxcnc’ and the image pops up
in
a window in the control software.

mplayer -wid {XID} tv://0 -vf rectangle=-1:2:-1:240,rectangle=2:-1:320:-1

What I would like is to be able to select an alternative crosshair
pattern - ideally a crosshair with a central circle (and possibly some
other
designs I have in mind)

Obviously I can create the necessary image - in whatever format is
necessary
but how do I get it to display over my video?

Many thanks in advance

Gasman