[MPlayer-users] Need help shortening MPlayer load time

Eric Tullock etullock at blackberry.com
Wed May 24 03:25:44 EEST 2017

Right now I am running mplayer in idle mode,  so that it is already up and running when I send it something later on. My problem now is that it is taking the program 8-10 seconds just to load up all of the codecs, drivers, etc. that it loads up when it starts. Is there any way to keep if from loading everything, because all I want it to do when I send it something is to play a simple wav file. I don't need all of the codecs for video, streaming, all of the fonts for sub-titles, etc.

I just want it launched bare-bones as quickly as possible just to play wav files.

Any help would be much appreciated.