[MPlayer-users] What output driver for USB DAC?

John Long codeblue at inbox.lv
Sun Feb 4 13:41:54 EET 2018

On Sun, 2018-02-04 at 11:59 +0100, Erik Auerswald wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> On 02/04/2018 09:32 AM, John Long wrote:
> > Does anybody know how to get mplayer to send the correct signal to
> > USB DAC?
>
> I've never done this and don't have that kind of device, so I cannot
> give you a definitive answer.

Thank you for the suggestions! I feel I am on the right track.

It is weird, but when I get the card address correct I get a message
that the hardware doesn't support s16le. I looked at the passthrough
sections and I think this is what I want, but it does not work.

I'll keep looking into this, thanks!

I did see which output options are available but I couldn't figure out
how to use them. I don't know where the doc is for all those (not in
the mplayer man page) and I figured somebody else must be doing this
already, I am a late technology adopter. Everybody is usually a few
generations of gadgets ahead of me.

/jl