[MPlayer-users] How to get mplayer to send correct output to USB DAC?

John Long codeblue at inbox.lv
Tue Jan 30 18:42:31 EET 2018

Hi,

I am trying to play music from my PC through a USB DAC. In Fedora
Linux, using gnome settings I am able to direct the output to the DAC.
When I play a music file through mplayer I can hear the song but the
DAC shows "Not connected."

I guess I am not using the correct command line and mplayer is decoding
the music and sending the stream to the device which just passes it
through. I normally use mplayer filename to play a song. I looked at
the man page but I cannot figure out how to get this to work.

How can I get mplayer to send the appropriate type of signal to the USB
DAC?

Thanks,

/jl