[NUT-devel] Re: [Vorbis-dev] minor Vorbis specification amendment proposal

Alex Beregszaszi alex at fsn.hu
Sat Jul 29 22:07:44 CEST 2006

Hi,

> i like the idea, i also agree that theora, flac, ... should be added

What about CMML? It just sucks too :)

http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/CMML :

* ident header packet (binary blob starting with CMML\0\0\0\0)
* secondary header (xml, <?xml...)
* data packet (xml, <clip...)

> > 8.7.  Quicktime / MPEG4
> >
> >    Quicktime lacks an unambigous place for a global header so its
> >    outside the scope of this document.
>
> we could add mov to the list of supported containers if we define a
> chunk for the global header, other codecs have their own codec
> specific global header chunks too, maybe "glbl" could be used if its
> not taken yet, but i need to look more carefully at the mov/qt spec so
> we unambiguosly define and place it

glbl below trak? vmhd/mdhd/smhd/tkhd are leaf

Will some Quicktime fanatic speak up? Mike?

> about .mp4, that wasnt covered by the quicktime/mov point, it has a
> ESDS atom into which a global header can be put, but iam not very
> familiar with the mpeg4-systems / iso-mp4 container specs so i didnt
> mention it

That ESDS looks HUGE.

--
Alex Beregszaszi | alex at fsn.hu | +36 70 3144424