[NUT-devel] a few things about nut.txt

Ivo ivop at euronet.nl
Fri Nov 24 12:50:13 CET 2006

Hi,

While reading the spec, I noticed a few things that could improve
readability IMHO:

1.) It would be handy to have the type mentioned after each tag in the tag
description section. It is tiresome to have to scroll back each time. e.g.
chapter_id	(s)
stream_class	(v)
fourcc		(vb)
et cetera

2.) The first column of the frame_flags table is called Bit, but there is no
such thing as the 4096th bit of a 64-bit value. I suggest changing the
column-heading to Mask or change the column-entries to represent the bit
number (i.e. 0, 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 12, 13).

3.) There is no explanation of what EOR actually means.

I could change 1.) and 2.) if nobody objects. For 3.) I need an explanation
first :-)

--Ivo