[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: install localized manpages +

Andriy N. Gritsenko andrej at lucky.net
Thu Feb 13 17:35:06 CET 2003

    Hi, D Richard Felker III!

Sometime (on Thursday, February 13 at 16:32) I've received something...
[.......]
>I have lots of software installed and don't have any such directories
>already, and I'm going to be annoyed if mplayer starts making all
>sorts of extra dirs under $mandir every time I make install. It's just
>a mess and wastes time and disk space and leads to clutter. The
>default should be to install ONLY the language selected at compile
>time, in the $mandir/man1, and then optionally install others with
>some (disabled-by-default) configure option.

    You have to respect others. :)  You may set environment variable
LINGUAS="" and so you will have no localized manpages at all. :)  For
example do it in Makefile.in (fill LINGUAS by ./configure):

LINGUAS =

install-man:
    if [ -n "$(LINGUAS)" ]; then
        for i in $(LINGUAS); do
            mkdir -p $(mandir)/$$i/man1
            install -m 644 DOCS/$$i/mplayer.1 $(mandir)/$$i/man1
        done
    fi