[MPlayer-dev-eng] Quicktime on Mac OS X

Dan Christiansen danchr at daimi.au.dk
Mon Feb 17 21:14:55 CET 2003

On Monday, February 17, 2003, at 05:44 PM, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> finally looked your patch, and i need to say: it has good and bad parts
> could you separate the qt dependant (ad/vd + configure) part from the
> other cosmetics?
> and please send a fresh patch against current cvs, as some files
> (ad_qt and vd_qt) have been changed

Removed all the cosmetic stuff, and the hacks which were caused by me
being lazy have been removed too :)

>> Attached is a patch which makes MPlayer link against
>> QuickTime.framework on Mac OS X and use it to enable the QuickTime
>> dependant parts. I also wrote an alternative to usleep timing; timing
>> using the CoreFoundation run loop. I intended to use it together with
>> a possible mac native output, but I don't think I'll get around to it.
>> It doesn't seem any better or worse than normal timing, so there isn't
> move your timing stuff to osdep/timer-mac.c or smth similar

Done. BTW, shouldn't the part where it prints "Using usleep timing()"
somehow be forwarded to the timer? It seems to me that it uses
nanosleep anyway on most systems - at least it did on mine.

My changes are:

configure:
- add --enable/disable-macosx and auto-detection thereof
- change the comment to --enable/disable-qtx-codecs to reflect that it
has no effect on Mac OS X

mplayer.c:
- change occurrences of usleep() to usec_sleep()

libmpcodecs/:
- enable quicktime-dependant modules when MACOSX is defined
- cleanup of quicktime modules to change many printf's to mp_msg
- fix a few warnings

I hope this is better :)

Oh, and one thing; the quicktime audio decoder doesn't work with AAC.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

- Dan