[MPlayer-dev-eng] wishlist again
diego at biurrun.de
Mon May 26 02:50:33 CEST 2003
> > * fix mf ijpg encoding
> what's the problem with it?
No idea, I just took the old wishlist. I just decided to remove
bugfixes from the wishlist, that belongs somewhere else.
> > * Debian package creates mplayer.conf.1 .2 ...
> debian sux
No, it's our postinstall script.
> > * plugin structure for vf/af
> what's that?
Dunno, who wished for this?
> > * do more things automagically
> == drink the cola without the need of commiting :)
> > * syuv support in swscaler
> yes, it would be nice, but now very useless (who needs qt dll's svq1 decoder
> now... and it's the only user of syuv format)
> and paletted rgb support too, it could obsolete vf_palette and make
> auto. filter insertion logic in g1/g2's video path a lot simpler.
Well, the last time you wished for an improvement to swscaler Michael
implemented it by the next day. Maybe you are lucky again ;-)
> > * implement Plextor compatible SCSI VCD reading
> i'll really do that... but donno when :(
> i wanted to check/fix when doing vcd cleanup of g2, but Fabian did it for me :)
:-) I still think I will see the day when it works.
BTW, I have a spare SCSI Plextor 12x CD-ROM lying around, so if
somebody wants to tackle this, drop me a note.
> > * encode to ogm, mp4, asf
> and nut :)
Yes, when will we finally see that?
OK, here is the updated wishlist:
If wishes were fishes, we'd all cast nets ...
* a nice and complete MEncoder tutorial
* continue docs review
* check docs for completeness
* write documentation HOWTO/rules document
* vo mga should completely blank the screen like fbdev and tdfxfb
(maybe there should be an option - some people seem to like it the
way it is, but then fbdev should also behave like this..)
* Debian package creates mplayer.conf.1 .2 ...
* -vo fbdev -fb device ---> -fbdev:device
* accept -dvd 9-12 command line
* make -geometry work with all vo drivers
* Make the output windows remember their positions when resizing to
* Ability to completely disable those popups ('cannot access cdrom',
'your system is too slow...').
* Ability to resize to full size/double size/triple (or half) size
upon key presses.
* move -dump* options to mencoder
* integrate dvdnav into mplayer structure
* integrate libmpdvdkit2 into mplayer structure (message system and
command line options)
* remove all obsolete code, options, files etc
* move zoran jpeg encoder to video filters
* convert -zr options to -zr suboption:suboption format
* eq filter should support RGB in addition to YUV
* adapt colored output from MPlayerXP
* merge VIDIX from MPlayerXP/sourceforge
* port asf muxing from MPlayerXP
* write nut muxer/demuxer
* SSA style & colors handling
* plugin structure for vf/af
* support for VirtualDub and Winamp plugins
* implement xawtv config file parser (for channels, etc)
* finish icc support
* G400 2nd head through mga_vid ;)
* dts support
* do more things automagically
* guess correct DVD title
* syuv and paletted rgb support in swscaler
* implement Plextor compatible SCSI VCD reading
* reverse engineer all closed codecs (QDM2, WMV9, Real, ...)
* support for Bink/Smacker codecs
* stay in pause after seek, fullscreen etc
* write something like mptv to replace xawtv
* write/adapt a C implementation of rtsp
* real mmsu:// support
* encode to ogm, mp4, asf, nut
* develop v4u (new video overlay interface - like vidix but with
less idiotic interface and more compatible with Xv for easier
* xinerama video filter that splits movie to 2 screens (like zr)
* top notch DVD navigation like a hardware player
More information about the MPlayer-dev-eng