[MPlayer-dev-eng] wishlist again

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon May 26 02:58:10 CEST 2003

Hi,

>  > yes, it would be nice, but now very useless (who needs qt dll's svq1 decoder
>  > now... and it's the only user of syuv format)
>  >
>  > and paletted rgb support too, it could obsolete vf_palette and make
>  > auto. filter insertion logic in g1/g2's video path a lot simpler.
>
> Well, the last time you wished for an improvement to swscaler Michael
> implemented it by the next day.  Maybe you are lucky again ;-)

no, i've requested this one already several times :)
but i accept that it's quite low priority and nearly nobody actually uses
codecs with palette (mayeb only 8bpp msvideo1/cinepak and gif are such things)

btw if we're talking about swscaler, what's the status of its
built-in equalizer support? when it was commited then the comment said
that it's not supporte dby all converters yet.

>  > >  * implement Plextor compatible SCSI VCD reading
>  >
>  > :)))))))))))
>  > i'll really do that... but donno when :(
>  > i wanted to check/fix when doing vcd cleanup of g2, but Fabian did it for me :)
>
> :-) I still think I will see the day when it works.
>
> BTW, I have a spare SCSI Plextor 12x CD-ROM lying around, so if
> somebody wants to tackle this, drop me a note.

:)))

>  > >  * encode to ogm, mp4, asf
>  >
>  > and nut :)
>
> Yes, when will we finally see that?

alex started it few days ago

i'll implement demuxer for g1/g2, but i'm lazy to write the muxer :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu