[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [MPlayerOSX-devel] MPlayerOSX and the sources

Jan Volf javol at seznam.cz
Wed Jan 5 22:35:00 CET 2005

On 5.1.2005, at 21:31, Attila Kinali wrote:

> Be carefull here, MPlayer is not threadsafe. Most submodules use
> global variables and/or are not reentrant.

The global variables are real pain there, especially when moving code
in to the different file I have to keep eye on them. In case of
multithreading there should not be any problem unless I use the globals
outside of the mplayer's thread. I can still make copy of those
variables that I want to distribute over threads connection. However,
this will be probably implemented outside of the mplayers code, since
it depends on GUI needs.

> Sound good to me. I'll support you on this, though i don't
> have anytime to code myself :( But i can look after your patches
> and get people to commit them.

Ok, thanks for the support for now.
I'm going to do some coding... :)

Jan Volf