[Mplayer-dvb] video newbie wants to help, advice needed

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Jan 23 11:06:24 CET 2002

Hi,

> I'm very new to this video stuff (not programming), but now I have a lot of
> time to work on it :-)
>
> Well, basically I want to record data from my analog tv card and feed it
> somehow into the dvb card, so that it will be displayed on the tv with the
> nice translucent OSD.
>
> As far as I am until now, mencoder is able to record video from a v4l device,
> but not audio yet.
> This is the first point where I'd like to work.
> Can somebody give me some hints how to start, what to consider ?

forget mencoder, it's for conversion. you need mplayer, it can output to dvb
card, using realtime mpeg1 I-only codec and LPCM audio.

btw yesterday i replaced fmpeg by mp1e in my local tree. i've got some
speedup, but when playing with lpcm audio, i get both sound and video
corruption. :(
i've seen such with ffmpeg, but adjusting a-v delay at muxer it solved. but
it doesn't work now :(

> So, if this was all nonsense, tell me.
> If not, tell me what you think and where I can start :-)
Implement audio grab from /dev/dsp to TV demuxer

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu