[MPlayer-G2-dev] the awakening, license changes and so on...

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Jul 25 22:49:29 CEST 2004

Hi,
> about plugins/filters: i want the basic ones (like swscaler,
> crop/expand, libavcodec, vo_x11 etc) be lgpl too, so they can
> be included in core. The rest (like Rich's filters) may be external
> gpl plugins, unless their authors accepts lgpl.

I agree with lgpl, too. So you can include an OpenGL vo in that list ;-)

> VO: the x11_helper stuff needs to be designed better, Beastd and Faust3
>     promised some help me, and Koth too in the past.

Yes, it would also be nice if the vo could demand some features from the
window, like that it supports OpenGL. That's no problem on standard PC
hardware, as there all (if any) Visuals support OpenGL, but could cause
troubles for SGI, SPARC or something (I have to admit that I don't know
for sure).

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger