[MPlayer-G2-dev] the awakening, license changes and so on...

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Jul 25 23:03:12 CEST 2004

Hi,

> > about plugins/filters: i want the basic ones (like swscaler,
> > crop/expand, libavcodec, vo_x11 etc) be lgpl too, so they can
> > be included in core. The rest (like Rich's filters) may be external
> > gpl plugins, unless their authors accepts lgpl.
>
> I agree with lgpl, too. So you can include an OpenGL vo in that list ;-)

thanks

> > VO: the x11_helper stuff needs to be designed better, Beastd and Faust3
> >     promised some help me, and Koth too in the past.
>
> Yes, it would also be nice if the vo could demand some features from the
> window, like that it supports OpenGL. That's no problem on standard PC
> hardware, as there all (if any) Visuals support OpenGL, but could cause
> troubles for SGI, SPARC or something (I have to admit that I don't know
> for sure).

hmm. also, it would be great, if the opengl driver could be split
to platform independent part (using gl* functions only) which could
work as sub-driver of vo_x11 or vo_win32? or is it a bad idea? :)

A'rpi / MPlayer, Astral & ESP-team

--
MPlayer's new image: happiness & peace & cosmetics & vmiklos