[mplayer] advice for a new sound card

Maximo Ramos maximo at violadores.org
Wed Feb 21 13:52:02 CET 2001

Hi everybody

I hope this is not completely offtopic :) but I suspect my sound card,
an old ISA SB PNP 16 is causing some delay while playing divx with
mplayer.

Yep, mp3 and others doesn't cause any problems :)

The author of mplayer advice me a Sound Blaster Live, which has
support:

Creative EMU10K1 based PCI sound cards
CONFIG_SOUND_EMU10K1
  Say Y or M if you have a PCI sound card using the EMU10K1
  chipset, such as the Creative SBLive!,  SB PCI512 or Emu-APS.

But in www.soundblaster.com I have seen MANY SBLive alike sound cards,
and I am confuse about which one to buy .... Anyone can give me some
advice?

Thanks

Maximo Ramos
>From The Land of The Morning Calm
"I am free of prejudices. I hate everyone equally."