[MPlayer-users] Using mplayer as a webbcam.

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Oct 31 11:59:47 CET 2001

Hi,

>  This might be a large or strange question, but.
>
>  I have a large network where we transmitt a number of mpeg2 streams, as
> multicast.
>  We put togheter a small app that fetches the multicast stream and send it
> to stdut, where mplayer reads it. Work great to view the streams like this.
>  Would it maybe be intresting to have this support directly in mplayer?

if you implement it optinal, in input layer (libmpdemux/stream.c|h), then yes.

>  I also use mplayer to decode still images from the streams.
>  From this I got a question.
>
>  Can I set mplayer, in some way, to save every 10,th frame of video, to the
> same file. And in some way, save this file as a jpg? I would like it scaled
> down as well
>  What I would like to do, is then set a webbcam server, that sends this
> image to me in a browser.

you could use the -vo png driver, and use external png->downscale->jpg
converter, or implement your vo_jpg.

there is a new option -sstep (os so, never tried) to set how many frames be
skipped before making next shot.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu