[Mplayer-users] TV Out

Robinson, Chad crobinson at rfgonline.com
Fri Sep 28 16:13:26 CEST 2001

Anders Run Jensen wrote:

> On fre, 2001-09-28 at 15:07, Robinson, Chad wrote:
> > Thanks for the offer, but actually, I'm not using direct video out. The
ATI
> > card automatically turns on its TV-out whenever you are in 640x480 or a
text
> > mode. Therefore, I use Linux Framebuffer at boot to go into 640x480, and
> > stay in that mode forever after, using scaling in MPlayer to scale up
> > smaller movies.
>
> I have been looking for a solution like this ever since I started
subscribing
> to this list. I have a Toshiba Tecra 8200 with a Trident Cyberblade XP. As
of
> Xfree 4.1.0-6 (debian package) xv doesn't work yet. And I havn't even
started
> on getting the tv-out working. I have a remote control :) The machine is
quite
> powerfull p3 750, 256 mb ram, so maybe I can try the svga that you're
using.
> Could you provide me / others with more detail. This looks quite
promising.

I've mentioned what I've done once or twice on the list, but never in
detail. Rather than wasting everybody's time, drop by www.lucubration.com.
I'm still putting up all the details, but the information you're looking for
are in the Lola and Manni projects. Check out the diaries. I have not
actually split them into separate modules yet; Lola and Manni are still the
same machine.

Regards,
Chad