[MPlayer-users] mencoder results broken on windows

Alex 'CAVE' Cernat cave at punctro.net
Wed Aug 14 11:43:02 CEST 2002

hello

i've made some encoding test these days, and saw a big problem:

input: vcd : mpeg video / audio mp2 - 224kbps
output: avi: video divx4 / audio mp3 - 112kbps

tested with cbr/abr/vbr with various parameters ( bitrate, quality ...
stuff )
all the tests we're broken in the below way

played with mplayer2 on a winsuxx98 box, at first everything ok ( not
much quality but the source was with poor quality, so ), sound seems ok

try to seek to a random position, image seek - perfect ( with keyint=30
), but the sound does not appear ( sometimes appear after some 20
seconds but it's 100% desynchronized )

libraries used we're both divx4linux and libavcoded with same results
audio codec: libmp3lame

this is an example of running mencoder ( all runs we're with almoust the
same parameters )
mencoder 3x03.mpg -noskip -ovc divx4 -divx4opts br=780000:key=30:q=5
-oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=112:q=9 -o test.avi

i believe that the problem is in lame codec, i've read that cbr is
broken on win, but also abr and vbr does the same problem
i didn't played the movie in linux, i need to play on winblows machines

thank you

Alex

ps: with transcode i had the same problem with audio desync.