[MPlayer-users] Weird DVD playback

joe joe at xactsys.com
Mon Aug 19 04:33:02 CEST 2002

Thanks to everyone who helped me with my sound problem, turns out my /dev/dsp*
had the permissions set wrong, everything works great now with DivX.

I'm having a new problem though. DVD's have this odd skipping thing going on.
It's not exactly skipping, the movie plays for three seconds, pauses for a
half second then plays three seconds etc. I have tried every possible option
to stop this behaviour and all I have succeeded in doing is getting the first
3 minutes to play smooth, then the pausing starts.

I checked, and this also happens when I use vlc or any other DVD player. I am
using a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-103, ATAPI CD-DVD-ROM drive. Drive worked perfect
as a player/recorder in my Macintosh G3.

Running mplayer or vlc in verbose mode reveals no messages that show the
problem.

Any advice anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Joe