[MPlayer-users] problems encoding multiple files

Dominik Szczerba domi at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Mon Aug 26 12:20:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

I have problems encoding multiple jpg files to divx avi. First of all I
read:

Opening video filter: [flip]
Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
video_out->init(792x272->792x272,flags=8,'MPlayer',0x52474218)
REQ: flags=0x601  req=0x400
REQ: flags=0x201  req=0x0
*** [divx4] Allocating mp_image_t, 792x272x24bpp RGB packed, 646272 bytes
*** [expand] Direct Rendering mp_image_t, 792x272x24bpp RGB packed,
646272 bytes
*** [flip] Direct Rendering mp_image_t, 792x272x24bpp RGB packed, 646272
bytes
Segmentation fault

So, after disapling flip (I have it set to 0 in config anyway, so bug?)
it doesnt crash anymore, but encode with wrong colors.  (lots of blue
insetad of red).

Since some of you are very nervous about TFMs here is what I found:

faq:
   A: Your card probably misreports its colorspace capacity. Try with
YUY2 instead of default
   YV12 (see the TV input documentation).

Not the case? -vop xxx didnt help. neither did -vfm 3 nor 7

encoding:
mencoder \*.jpg -mf on:w=800:h=600:fps=25 -ovc divx4 -o output.avi

Typed in "as is" causes segmentation fault. With -flip 0 it works, but
colors are wrong. xv *.jpg show good files.

If I do the same but with png images I get the right colors, but despite
br=whatever high, the output quality is very very poor (with the wrong
colors the quality is OK). The difference I noticed between encoding jpg
<-> png is  24bpp RGB packed <->  24bpp BGR packed. Playback in both
cases is Planar YV12.

In both cases autodetecting dimentions dont work, I had to specify it
manually.

thanks for any help

Dominique