[MPlayer-users] Capture tv using mencoder but no sound.

Per Mellander per.m at mmtab.se
Wed Dec 4 10:39:02 CET 2002

No it's time to report my success story!

To all that have been assisting by answering questions and giving hints - a
big Thank you!

This is what solved the issue; ':forceaudio:forcechan=2'.

mplayer couldn't detect correct data from my card concerning audio.

You have to give BOTH options to be able to force mplayer. ( Which by now is
fixed in the CVS - see earlier message from Jindrich Makovicka. )

So now I can record video and audio from my WinTV Theater card by issuing the
command:

mencoder -tv
on:driver=v4l:device=/dev/video0:width=384:height=288:channel=46:adevice=/dev/
dsp1:forceaudio:forcechan=2 -o /tmp/output.avi -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=900 -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=32

I've tried both audio capture options, that is line in cable and btaudio.
btaudio is preffered because I don't have to listen to the show at recording
time.

Now it's time to tweak some parameters to get descent quality ;)

Regards,
/Mel