[MPlayer-users] detecting lirc in configure

Tibor Kiss tkiss at mailbox.hu
Thu Feb 7 21:09:02 CET 2002

Since several weeks I have been using mplayer with remote-commander. Moreover
I extended (actually just for me) the lirc_cmd structure initialization in
lirc_mp.c . Everything was just fine.

Not so far I bought a second monitor for my matrox g450 (one of 21" monitor,
especially for mplayer :) ). I thought it would be nice to set up mga
accelerated frame buffer in my Mandrake 8.1. I updated the kernel to the
latest (4.1.17....mdk cooker), and now I have devfs mounted on.

Since I have devfs, my handy created device nodes disappear after reboot,
even if it is saved in /lib/dev-state

Here I found the single example about how to write something in devfsd.conf.
I read the complete documentation from
http://www.atnf.csiro.au/~grooch/linux/devfs.html but even now I don't
understand the semantics of what was wrote in devfsd.conf below.
Could someone explain? Or write some advice how to add lirc, mga_vid devices
into devfsd.conf?

Thanks in advance..