[MPlayer-users] A quick mencoder, divx, libavcodec question

Rocky Hetherington lists at hetherington.co.uk
Sun Jul 21 23:13:01 CEST 2002

On Sun, 2002-07-21 at 21:38, Navid Khalili wrote:

> 	My main goal here is to be able to encode divx movies that I can
> play on Linux, Windows, and Mac OS (im most likely to give up on the Mac,
> but definitely need the other two...).  I would like to use windows media
> player on the windows side rather than compile mplayer for windows.

I wouldn't touch Windows with a barge pole so can't really give an
definitive answer.

A few Windows using people have had problems playing back some of the
files i create, but getting the latest DivX5 codec has always worked
before.

Although i always recommend to them to ditch the DivX codecs and use
ffDshow (http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow).  It seems to work for
everyone i've recommended it to, and much better than the DivX codecs
too.

Hope this helps somewhat.
--
Rocky Hetherington