[MPlayer-users] Re: Re: support-forum or flame-list?

Tobias Diedrich ranma at gmx.at
Sun Nov 3 15:43:02 CET 2002

justin case wrote:

> ati with vidix:
> scales the image to reach the sides of the screen and leaves aspect as
> ist is but display picture topmost, no matter what i try.

I assume you mean -vo vesa:vidix ?
IIRC this worked fine last time I tried. If it doesn't you could try
-vop expand=640:480 .

> the picture sometimes lookes as if the lower half of it
> would be belonging to the last frame, while the upper was already
> advancing to the next. this gives ugly flashy cuts in the middle of the
> picture.
> i can only explain this to myself as a movie/monitor timing-problem, but
> with the tnt2 my tv-out should force the fbdevice to give out 50 hz,
> since its activated at boot time and has a pal tv connected, so 25fps
> pal should be displayed correctly.

This a display update issue, try using double buffering (-double
switch), but double buffering is not supported with -vo fbdev.
How about using X with the proprietary nvidia drivers to get TV out and
Xvideo ?

--
Tobias								PGP: 0x9AC7E0BC
This mail is made of 100% recycled bits