[MPlayer-users] Bought new DVD drive .. mplayer no longer able to playback DVDs

Christof Buergi christof at buergi.lugs.ch
Tue Nov 19 23:29:01 CET 2002

Am Montag, 18. November 2002 22.59 schrieb jasonrc at gomdoli.com:
> DOCS/bugreports.html] I have that same drive. Once I set the drives
> region code it worked just fine.

Strange. This shouldn't be necessary. mpdvdkit (as well as recent
libdvdcss) can workaround a wrongly set region code.

However, I have the same drive with the same problems. Didn't
investigate them any further yet, however, since I got a "real"
DVD-Drive as well. Maybe, the region code has to be set at least once
for the drive to play any DVD at all. Or it has region protection upon
pure data read (*highly* uncommon).

--
                     _ ___      http://www.p2501.ch/             / \
|/  /\   /\   /\  | \   |  |    christof at buergi.lugs.ch          \ /
|\ /--\ /  \ /  \ | /_  |  |    I'm breaking for DAUs, too!       x
                                Say NO to HTML in mail and news  / \