[MPlayer-users] Cannot specify an upstream changelog for a native debian package.

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Tue Apr 8 01:23:20 CEST 2003

Hi,

When I try to compile main cvs as a debian package, like usual:

$ export DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS="--<lots of options, etc>"
$ fakeroot debian/rules binary

The compilation completes successfully but the package building dies
like this:

dh_link usr/bin/mplayer usr/bin/gmplayer \
     usr/share/man/man1/mplayer.1.gz usr/share/man/man1/gmplayer.1.gz
dh_installdebconf
dh_installdocs --exclude=CVS --exclude=mplayer.1 DOCS/*
dh_installexamples etc/example.conf
dh_installmenu
dh_installinfo
dh_installchangelogs ChangeLog
dh_installchangelogs: Cannot specify an upstream changelog for a native
debian package.
make: *** [binary-arch] Error 1

I checked out the entire main cvs, fresh, to make sure it wasn't from
any cvs update oddities.

Does anyone know what this means? I wasn't able to find anything in
the archives or on google.

Thanks,
Corey