[MPlayer-users] Re: Quicktime: "No 'moov' atom could be found"

Erik Slagter erik at oldconomy.com
Fri Aug 29 18:12:22 CEST 2003

> Wrong: first (afaik)  there's no mpeg1-ts, only mpeg2-ts, second there's
> a standard  way
> to put mpeg4-es (Audio/Video and even more) both  in mpeg2-ts and mpeg2-ps.

Hmmm, I have only seen the name mpeg1-ps. But that's not that important
actually I think. I have never seen mpeg4-es in mpeg2-ps, so I assumed
it is not possible, and... why is there a thing like mp4 file format
then? I once tried to make an mpeg file (-of mpeg) with mpeg4es in it
with mencoder, but mencoder didn't quite like it ;-)

> In my last patch to demux_ts I implemented one of the two ways to demux
> audio and video from -ts streams.

Now only mencoder is left ;-)